RT @TUeCursor_news: Developing an app is step one, but where do you go from there? How can you turn your app into a success? PhD student Jo…
P.H. (Elke) den Ouden
Technology enables the creation of meaningful solutions that do bring value to a myriad of stakeholders, but it requires careful consideration of ethical aspects and business models.
Elke den Ouden is appointed TU/e Fellow by the university board per 1 April 2014 to further develop strategic relations between the university and public and private organisations, specifically in the domain of intelligent lighting and smart cities. She combines her extensive experience in the industry with research and education in new business development in public-private value networks.
• PhD in Technology Management from TU Eindhoven (2006)
• Masters in Industrial Design Engineering from the Delft University of Technology (1990)
• TU/e Fellow in the Innovation, Technology Entrepreneurship & Marketing group in the department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences at TU/e,
• program manager Brilliant Streets at the Intelligent Lighting Institute at TU/e
• 2008-2013: Full professor (0,2 FTE) at the Business Process Design group of the department Industrial Design at TU/e
• 2009-2012: Senior consultant innovation at Philips Innovation Services (0,8 FTE), Eindhoven (The Netherlands)
• 2000-2009: Head of the Product Innovation Group at Philips Applied Technologies (0,8 FTE), Eindhoven (The Netherlands)
• 2001-2008: Senior researcher (0,2FTE) in the department of Technology Management at TU/e
• 1997-2000: Regional manager of the Development Support group at Philips CFT Asia Pacific (1FTE), Singapore (Singapore)
• 1990-1997: Expert methods & tools in the Product Creation Process Improvement group at Philips Centre for Manufacturing Technology (1 FTE), Eindhoven (The Netherlands)
Fields of expertise:
• Innovation management (front-end of innovation, business model development, open innovation, joint product development, business aspects of design)
• Public-private value networks (collaboration in innovation projects, business in networks, innovation ecosystem development)
• Intelligent lighting solutions for (semi-) public spaces (product/data/service systems, data driven business models, industry transition from product driven to services driven innovation)
• E. Den Ouden, R. Valkenburg and E. Aarts. Service Design Based on Smart Urban Lighting. Chapter in 'Open Innovation 2.0. Open Innovation Yearbook 2014 . Published by the European Commission. European Union. May 2014.
• Goed Nieuws Uit Nederland. Vijftig inspirerende innovaties. The biyearly book published by PDMA-NL. (www.goednieuwsuitnederland.nl)
• Vision and roadmap urban lighting Eindhoven 2030. Research results. Elke den Ouden en Rianne Valkenburg. Published by TU/e. ISBN 978-90-386-3301-5 or e-ISBN 978-90-386-3302-2. July 2012.
• 'Innovation Design - Creating Value for people, Organisations and Society', published by Springer Science & Business Media in 2012.
• Lighting certification program:
o Secret Life of Light USE project (co-teacher)
o Light and experience (co-teacher)
o Advancing light for human functioning (co-teacher)
• Entrepreneurship in Action (co-teacher)
• Setting up strategic collaboration for innovative solutions in urban lighting and smart cities with municipalities and private companies.
• Member of the advisory board of conferences:
o International Smart Lighting industrial conference (www.smartlighting.org)
o Front End of Innovation EMEA (www.iirusa.com/feieurope/home.xml)
o European Conference on Ambient Intelligence (www.ami-conferences.org/2014/)
• Frequently invited as guest speaker on innovation related subjects
• Founder and strategic director of LightHouse, the solution partner of the Intelligent Lighting Institute, conducting expert advice projects, such as visions and roadmaps for intelligent lighting and smart city solutions.
• Owner of Elke den Ouden BV, to provide independent advice and services to various organisations on the creation of meaningful innovations and the design of ecosystems that create value for various stakeholders of innovative solutions (www.elkedenouden.com)
For more information on Elke den Ouden, please visit the TU/e website or her personal page