Recent research shows that, while students, graduates and researchers have a positive attitude towards entrepreneurship, only 2% of them (co-)found a start-up company before they are thirty years of age. The actual founding of start-up companies remains very limited under the young population of students, especially with regards to start-ups with a clear international orientation. This project is mainly oriented on stimulating and enabling young entrepreneurs in the EMR-region to create start-up companies. The project aims to reduce the gap towards international entrepreneurship, provide knowledge and pedagogical support for young entrepreneurs involved in cross-border projects and to conduct research and facilitate the sharing of best practices among the partner institutions.
Partners and Co-financers
- INTERREG Meuse-Rhine
- European Regional Development Fund
- Université de Liège – VentureLab
- RWTH Aachen University – Lehrstuhl für Wirtschaftswissenschaften für Ingenieure und Naturwissenschaftler – Innovation and Entrepreneurship Group (WIN) – Grunderzentrum.
- Provincie Limburg, the Netherlands
- Landesregierung Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
- La Région Wallonne, Belgium
Time Frame project:
2016 - 2019
Project leader and participants